BELIEVE DIGITAL

Sunday, October 11, 2009

And it begins!!!

The replies have started already from my mass CD mail-out campaign with the help of Tinderbox Music. I imagine that over the following 2 to 4 weeks I should start getting quite a few replies... i hope hah.
One unrelated contact that I made this past week was with a very highly respected Radio promo guru that was referred to me by Jon at Tinderbox. She sent me a personal email and was just in love and highly impressed with the work I'd done, and all by myself no less. She's a super gal and has made me an offer I simply cannot refuse on an 8 week AAA Radio campaign in the US for the song Will You Be There. Interesting that this is the song she chose out of them all, considering that one or 2 other radio promo people were focusing on I Belong as a single to push. But Liz knows her stuff and she has a golden ear for knowing what will fly on radio and what won't, so I trust her judgment implicitly. I'm so amazed at the network I've begun to build and the quality and level of professionals that are starting to become my posse. Nothing but good things can come from all of this. God knows i've paid my dues and put in my time in honing my craft and developing my style and sound, and it's about time that it is finally being taken seriously by more than just friends and family.
You know... in the end, my dream may actually come true that music will become my career. How incredible would that be. The one thing that I do and have always done for the sheer love of it and total disregard for the money it can make for me might actually become my principle cash cow. How awesome would that be eh?
Getting paid to do what I love! :D
Keep those fingers, toes and legs crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment