BELIEVE DIGITAL

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hmmm

At first I thought I had something to write about,

and as I began to create this first sentence,

I sorta thought that maybe I don't really have much to say right now.

It's not that things aren't happening... that's for sure. I'm starting on a new adventure into the world of professional songwriting and recording, and it's so surreal to me that it's almost as though it were a figment of my imagination.
For years I've "dreamed" about being able to make a difference with my music, and to make a living as well for that matter. I managed to accomplish the first. That one was easy. I have a way of getting into people's hearts, and I write songs that touch nerves that people always thought were just their own. And now, I have decided to finally see if I can get my music heard by the rest of the world and try to make a difference. To make my mark on the world. And earning a living by that same means is only icing on the cake.
I will always be a writer, and always have been. I started doing it for nobody other than myself, and stayed that way for a while as i taught myself how to write songs, how to sing, how to train my ears and create melody, to hone my craft, and only now, withing the past few years have I felt it was time to open myself up to the world and let the music into the light. It's a scary process, a terrifying one, a daunting one, and a comforting one. I will truly learn over the course of the next few months if my skills, talents and songs are up to scale in the real world. It may be a slap in the face, or it may be a comforting pat on the back I so desperately need. It scares me. Art is a creation of the soul and spirit and the heart, and when you create something and put it out on your sleeve for all the world to judge, the pain can be tough to bear. But I'm being met with adulation and delight by professionals in the industry and it's genuine... and it feels so beautiful, but so scary. I guess i have to learn a very tricky trick: To somehow detach myself from my songwriting and the attachment to the song but at the same time write from the heart and soul. Could be interesting. The music business is not a comfy place to hang out, that I can assure you. The real world in this business isn't an MTV video, it's cut-throat and full of senseless and untalented people that just want to make money off your back by promising you stardom and fame, stealing from the poor with promises of riches. (Sound familiar? lol)
Aaaaanyway... Time will tell.

And it looks like I had something to say afterall lol.

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment