BELIEVE DIGITAL

Friday, October 2, 2009

Official Website Stats

It's been just under a year now that I've had my new official website www.paulgrenier.com up and running and I'm just clicks away from hitting the 10,000 visitor mark! Pretty darn awesome if you ask me. And now having placed some ads on Facebook, my fans are starting to grow there too. That's the thing about all of this. it doesn't matter how good your music is or whatever type of art you do, if nobody knows you're out there, nobody will look for you and consequently not even know you exist. Promotion is a tough game too... trying to figure out who your target audience is and the demographics of it all, but I'm learning. Mind you, I'd rather be spending my time writing new songs and getting some recording done rather than sitting here typing out blogs, mailing out CD's to prospects, spending money on placing ads and the list goes on. At least I have a small cash flow coming in from my music from my TV placement of my song Frightened, which helps a bit. But this is not an easy business to be in. One professional will tell me that my songs need tons of work and that I need vocal training, while others will adore what I do and praise my unique sound and style and love it for what it is. It is certainly a business that teaches you that you can't please everybody all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment